Tips for the Silly Season
Post date: Dec 21, 2011 3:02:24 AM
- Eat a good breakfast – you are less likely to overindulge if you don’t skip the most important meal of the day
- Drink 2 litres of water a day, more if having a few drinks
- Enjoy the treats guilt free, but don’t go overboard! If you do, remember tomorrow is another day – watch what you eat a little more closely and walk a little further.
- Instead of lying around after dinner, go for a walk, ride a bike, swim.
- Some exercises to do could include – pushups, chin-ups, squats, lunges, hovers, shadow boxing, dancing (like no-one’s watching)
- Take the stairs instead of lifts when shopping and park the car at the far end of the car park
- Take some time to relax and pamper yourself, enjoy the fresh air.
- Don’t expect perfection
- Don’t compare yourself with bodies in magazines – you can’t compete with airbrushing!!
- Remember to stretch, smile and return next year relaxed and ready to go.